Sunday, September 9, 2012

Tomato Lime Tilapia

This recipe is something I threw together the other night. It came out ok, but there are definitely some changes I will make next time. I was feeling incredibly lazy, and I compromised a little too much. lol Oh well!

Ingredients:

  • 2 tilapia filets
  • 2T olive oil/ butter
  • 1/4 of a lime's juice
  • 2 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1/4 of an onion, chopped
  • 1 can of diced tomatos (I used Rotel with lime and cilantro)
  • lemon pepper seasoning or salt and pepper 
To make the tilapia, put about a tablespoon of olive oil in the bottom of a ceramic baking dish, lay the tilapia in it, and sprinkle seasoning salt on the filets. Spread the garlic and onion evenly over them, and slice up about a tablespoon of butter to put on top (or just drizzle over a little more olive oil). Then, squeeze the lime over it, and pour the can of tomatos on top. 


I baked it in the oven at 375 for 20'ish minutes (until the fish was done). 
And voila, Tomato Lime Tilapia! 


In retrospect, I would have done several things different. I think it would be better if I had drained the liquid off the tomatoes before adding them (I made the assumption it was the lime juice, of "cilantro and lime", but I think it was mostly water). Next time, I will probably use a little white wine in it; I just didn't have any this time.-- But I think it would be good :) 
This recipe is kind of similar to how I make arroz con pollo (I will post that recipe sometime soon). So, next time I will make it with saffron rice, instead of the angel hair pasta I used this time. It also might be better on the grill. Maybe.

Give it a shot, and let me know if you think of anything that could improve on this early version of Tomato Lime Tilapia!

~Sarah



No comments:

Post a Comment